Do you know Hemorrhoids and Constipation affect many people across the population? Although there is no age bracket on who can experience this condition, some people say that aged individuals are more likely to experience hemorrhoids and constipation than those in younger age bracket. This is because young people have faster metabolism. They are also more active, thus making digestion easier and faster.
Hemorrhoid happens when the veins surrounding the rectum swell. When this happens and pressure is sustainably applied on it when sitting and during bowel movement, veins rupture and bleed.
Constipation on the other hand is the skipping of bowel movement for couple of days due to hardened stool.
Hemorrhoids and constipation do not happen overnight. These are the summation of what you have eaten, your lifestyle, activities, and in some point, medication. This is why it is important to note the symptoms before these conditions get worse.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids
Thesymptoms of hemorrhoids range from mild to painful irritation in the anus. But before these symptoms get worse, you have to treat them immediately. Among the symptoms of hemorrhoids include:
- Pain in the anal area
- Blood clots in the stoolafter bowel movement
- Lumps around the anus
- Itchiness around the anus
- Frequent fecal leakage
- Painful bowel movements
- Swelling in the anus
Symptoms of constipation
- Passing two to three stools in a week
- Having bumpy, hard stools
- Strain during bowel movements
- Bloated feeling
- Feeling of something blocking the rectum, preventing bowel movement
- Feeling of something inside the rectum after bowel movement
Using a squat stool
According to doctors, squatting is the advisable, natural and proper position during bowel movement. When you are in the squatting position, it is easier to expel the stool, as it does not entail too much pressure on the rectum. In short, if you are in the most relaxed position while in the loo, you can be relatively assured that you will poo with more ease.
Using a squat stool, hemorrhoids and constipation are likely to be lessened, including their symptoms. Continuous use of this device will eventually help to get rid of the symptoms and the discomfort associated with constipation and hemorrhoids.
There are other ways to get rid of hemorrhoids and constipation symptoms:
- Aloe vera. Cut a leaf from an aloe vera plant. Remove the thorns and the skin of the leaf. Extract the gel from the leaf by scraping it out. Apply it directly to the affected area in the anus. Do this once or twice a day for better results.
- Essential oils. You can also try using essential oils (lavender, coconut and olive oil) to reduce itchiness and irritation caused by symptoms of hemorrhoids and constipation. Apply them directly to hemorrhoids. Rinse the area well and wipe with clean cloth. You can also consume a teaspoon of olive oil to relieve the symptoms of constipation. Olive oil has natural ingredients that help loosen the stool for easier bowel movement.
- Cold compress. This is also a very good technique to relieve the pain and swelling caused by hemorrhoids and constipation.
- Apple cider vinegar. Consuming a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar diluted in a glass of water helps in relieving the symptoms of hemorrhoids and constipation.
You can also add a half-cup of ACV in a sitz bath. Half filled the tub or basin with warm water and add half cup of ACV. Sit on it for a couple of minutes twice or thrice a day to relieve irritation and itchiness.
Itchy or painful lump or swelling near your anus
For itchy and painful symptoms of hemorrhoids, apply cold compress on the area or sit on a sitz bath for 10 to 15 minutes twice or thrice each day. This will relieve the pain caused by lump in the anus.
To avoid fecal leakage, it is advised not to hold your bowel. If you feel like going, give in!Do not hold or block the bowel as it may worsen the symptoms of hemorrhoids and constipation. This will also cause you abdominal strain and irritation in the rectum.
Pain during bowel movements
During painful bowel movements, it is most likely that the veins from the anus imploded. To get rid of these symptoms, it is advised to use the squat stool every time you go to the bathroom to poop.
You can also try altering your diet by including more fiber on it. Foods rich in fiber help your digestive system function well. It cleanses the stomach, relieves indigestion and makes bowel movement a lot easier. Fiber can be found in green leafy vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Among these foods include the following:
- citrus fruits
- green leafy vegetables
- whole wheat
Blood clots after bowel movement
If you experience this symptom, it is likely that the veins around the area are too strained or engorged due to pressure at that area. Using a squat stool will help you expel the bowel wastes easily, resulting in less pain, no bleeding and less strenuous bowel movement. It will also help if you relax yourself during bowel movement. Getting something to read while in the bathroom is a great way to relax you while sitting on the toilet.
Mentally prepare yourself to use the squatting position every time you poop. With the help of a squat stool, it will be easier to balance yourself while relaxing in the bathroom.
Click http://www.guidetogettingridofhemorrhoids.com/ for more details.
Exercise and lose some weight
If you had put too much weight way over, it is advised that you lose some pound. Overweight individuals are more likely to experience constipation and hemorrhoids because their lower extremities tend to carry more pressure than a regular sized person. Exercising and losing weight do not only help you lessen the symptoms of hemorrhoids and constipation, but help you live a healthier life as well.