What Is Detox?
Detox is the process in which a person changes his lifestyle in order to clear toxins. It also entails a diet rich in whole foods, the removal of artificial flavors and chemical substances.
Why Is Detox Important?
The presence of toxins in our body means that the natural way of removing metabolic waste has been compromised. It also indicates that the optimum point of our detoxifying system has been exceeded. This puts our body in a strenuous state and in turns affects our health.
What Are The Signs Indicating A Toxic Body That Needs Proper Cleanse?
- You become constipated
- Experiencing severe headaches, muscle aches, and fatigue
- Several mercury fillings and dental amalgams
- Reactions to food and getting allergies
- Unwanted weight loss
- Experiencing hormonal imbalance
- Acne occurrence
- Consumption of canned food.
How Long Should A Cleanse Last?
A typical cleanse that improves the body’s natural processes for removing waste needs to be smooth. Therefore, it should be done for longer periods of time than more extreme measures. A safe cleanse is one which doesn’t include starvation or taking pills.
Allowing the body to operate naturally is safer, with a little assistance. Adapting to a healthy eating, the right supplements and positive lifestyle modifications. It can be a 3-day detox cleanse to 6 weeks of cleansing depending on an individual’s needs.
What Does Preparing For A Cleanse Entail?
Taking basic measurements before beginning the cleanse helps to track progress while going through the cleanse program. For example, for weight loss, get your waist, hips and weight measurements. For constant headache, determine the duration, intensity and frequency of occurrence.
How Does One Get Started?
- Start by making a list.
- Toss out all junk foods.
- Find healthy recipes.
- Plan out menus.
- List down the healthy foods to shop.
- Make a cooking timetable.
- Note down your journey in a journal.
- You may include supplements.
- Plan a gym schedule.
Are There Side Effects?
The changes alter the body and may put it in distress. This may result in withdrawal from the detox such as:
- Constipation: Taking warm water with lemon first thing in the morning to wake up the digestive system. Staying hydrated also helps in curbing constipation.
- Food allergies or sensitivities: During the detox process your body gets familiar with itself. This enables it to recognize a hidden reaction to foods or any of the other common allergies.